Since Cangelo and Omorka have done this, I guess I will give it a shot. I would love to help out friends with their own lists, especially if it is something I am capable of crafting, as money is tight for many folks this year...
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and lj-related ("I'd love a knitting/buddhism icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not icons, etc), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use—or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) I would love more "garb" I have been short on time to make my own, and I no longer have a properly fitting cloak. I am 5'2" and very curvy, so a full circle cloak would rock. I love black, burgundy and wine shades of red, deep greens and dark purples.
2) Music - I do not have enough music. I love anime, jpop, folk (really need more of that), goth/industrial, oi punk, vivaldi, flutes, violins, bagpipes, etc.
3) A paid Library Thing account, I have almost filled up the 200 book limit they allow free accounts. A UPC scanner thingie from that site is also coolness.
4) A song or poem.
5) Belly dancing gear. I have almost none, and don't know how to make my own.
6) Honey. Lots of it, I have not laid down a batch in over a year, and my stores won't last forever. I would love to start a batch over the winter break.
7) Venison. It is one of my favorite meats, but I do not have hunting skills yet.
8) Textiles. I love fibercrafts. Nearly all of them...I have a weakness for buying or making housewares and things. I love home made presents, they remind me of the people who gave them to me...
9) Company. I would love to have people come over and spend time with me over the holidays. I try to get out more, but narcolepsy plus exhaustion = badness when combined with moving vehicles.
10) What the heck, why not - I would love to have a scooter for going short distances to save gas and make life easier. If you have one that is road worthy, or can easily be made road worthy and you don't want it anymore, I would love to have one to drive around.